All Hallows’ Day Pt. 1

October 14, 2010

New story! And yes, that is my opinion on Castle. I don’t care how good it is or how many “Firefly” references they make, they still stole my character name. And yes, I was first.

That being said, the next update will be on Tuesday- I’ve recently taken on another job and updating on time will have to take a backseat at least until I balance my new schedule out. See you then!

EDIT: Yes, I see the typo. I’ll fix it.

Posted at 8:48 pm. Follow responses to this comic with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

18 Comments

1. Mike says:

Maybe they spell it different? I don’t know, I’ve never checked.

2. SorrowsSolace says:

It’s spelled Kate Beckett, the character always goes by Beckett though. And the show is awesome, even if this Kate and CastleKate accidentally have the same name. They’re entirely different characters. Still I guess if I had found someone had written or drawn a comic and had a character with the exact same name as one of mine it would be bothersome, or just weird to watch even if the name was just a coincidence.

3. Alex says:

I’m not *entirely* serious- I know it was a coincidence, and I don’t hate the show out of principle or anything. I just… can’t watch it.

Mostly because I know there’s a near-100% possibility that nobody will remember mine compared to theirs :(

4. APic says:

I’ve noticed something troubling lately. My anti-virus (McAffee) Has been giving this site a red flag lately, saying that it has risky site content. I love your comic, but don’t want to run the risk of getting any viruses. Do you think you could look into it?

5. Alex says:

How recent? I know that was a problem a few weeks ago, but I fixed the problem. You shouldn’t be getting that message anymore, unless it’s just going on old information…

6. APic says:

Oh, I forgot to mention this, but it only happened recently, within the last week or two. I think a day or two after you posted the comic of Herman’s radio show with the actual audio, I’m not 100% on that though. Before that it was green and no problems.

7. billytheskink says:

considering that redheads make up about 133% of all cartoon characters, Penny’s got Haloween costume ideas going forward for at least a couple hundred years…

8. Otter says:

Zooey is awesome, Katy Perry is mehhh…

9. Dragonizer says:

Penny has an AWESOME costume.

Also, I hate the name Zooey. Just… Zoo-ey. Why two “o”s? D:

10. legumious says:

I only watch Castle because it features Captain Reynolds :(

11. Jeff Weiner says:

Congrats on the new job, youngster! Pace yourself, make us proud. We’ll hang in there for updates!

12. Sheniu says:

No idea what castle is @.@

13. Ark says:

I’m HUGE fan of the TV show, and the real book series tied-in with the TV show.
    But I NEVER get the two Kates mixed up or like/remember one more than the other.
    Maybe that’s because TV Kate regularly goes by her last name, and you mention your Kates’ last name so rarely that I’d actually completely forgotten what it was untill this comic.
    The show makes FireFly refrences? I saw a few FireFly reruns before they took it off the air completely, and except for some simularities between the leading guys’ characters, and some obviously-strait-from-the-ther-show costumes, I haven’t noticed any refrences to it. I don’t know, maybe I’m just not paying close enough attention to see stuff like that

14. Uncle Brainhorn says:

Not to be “that guy” but All Hallows “Day” is different from All Hallows Eve, aka Halloween.

All Hallows “Day” is something about celebrating the people who made it into Heaven or something.

15. Alex says:

I know.

EDIT: I should clarify. I know, and the title is as such for a reason.

16. legumious says:

Alex knows everything.

Smartass.

17. sympathise says:

I feel for kate in this situation, i hated the oc cause my name is seth cohen and my family celebrated chrismukkah

18. Rai says:

So Penny’s costume make’s me really happy because I did something similar 2 years ago. I really wanted to go as Velma from Scooby Doo, but I just couldn’t find the right wig. So I ended up going as zombie Velma, and my friend went as “the guy who killed that meddling kid”